Celebrating Nine Years! Patricia’s Yarns is an exclusive retailer of hand-dyed, natural fiber, artisan yarns for hand knitting and crochet.
Patricia’s Yarns is owned by Patricia Scribner, a Hoboken resident and an avid knitter and crocheter. Patricia’s Yarns was a dream until April, 2004 when Patricia left her career at a financial firm with a goal of doing something she loves in the town that she loves. The shop became a reality in July of that same year.
Patricia designed her shop to best display the beautiful yarns she hand selects from around the world and to make a cozy and inviting space just for you. It is the goal of Patricia’s Yarns to fulfill all of your knitting and crocheting needs.
More than just a retail shop, Patricia’s Yarns is proud of its ongoing commitment to the city of Hoboken and beyond. We are honored to partner in philanthropy with the following organizations: (Locally) the Hoboken Homeless Shelter, the Hoboken Historical Society, the Saint Patrick’s Day Parade Committee, numerous local public and private schools, (Nationally) Caps to the Capital, Heifer International, The Mother Bear Project, and Project Linus.
As always, thank you to our wonderful customers for nine years of support.
Ten Things about Patricia. Written by her husband, Adam.
- She has told me we can live anywhere – as long as it is in Hoboken, NJ.
- A Jersey Girl, she was born and raised in Bay Head, NJ.
- Her happy place when she’s not at the shop: (locally) walking the Hoboken waterfront, (far away) LeVernet, France.
- She falls asleep during movies – even great ones like Star Wars.
- She does sudoku puzzles each night before bed.
- She moved to Hoboken in 1999 at age 23 and opened Patricia’s Yarns when she was 27.
- Taught by her mother, Patricia learned to knit when she was a little girl.
- She knits incessantly. Her favorite patterns are classics from Elizabeth Zimmermann.
- We met in college. She was 19 and I was 22.
- She is a wonderful wife, an incredible mother, and one of the hardest working people I know.
Patricia and Grace